Thought you were done voting for this year’s Lehigh Valley Music Awards?
Think again, because there’s still one more award to decide.
The Greater Lehigh Valley Music Association (GLVMA) — the organization who produces the LVMAs every year — has teamed once more with Discover Lehigh Valley to present the 2018 “Discovered” Artist Award at this year’s ceremony, meant to recognize artists who are “either new to the scene or who had a breakout year in recognition.”
Five performers, each coming from its own genre, will vie for the chance to win one of the ceremony’s premier awards.
Nominees for this year’s “Discovered” Artist Award are:
- NEPA-based three-piece punk band Blind Choice
- Stacy Gabel, a versatile and classically-trained soprano
- High-octane alternative rockers Alpha Zero Three
- TimeWhy?s, a 60s-inspired rock band with covers and originals, and
- Cubbage, a self-produced jazz-pop multi-instrumentalist
The 19th Annual Lehigh Valley Music Awards will take place at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks on Sunday, March 4. The ceremony begins at 4 p.m. in the Musikfest Cafe, with the Lehigh Valley Underground Preshow taking place at 3 p.m. on the 1st floor lobby.