Seven Muralists to be Featured During SouthSide Arts & Music Festival
Art comes to life this weekend on the SouthSide, when seven jury selected muralists will create original works on the South Bethlehem Greenway.
A collaborative effort led by the SouthSide Arts District, ArtsQuest, and Lehigh University, proposals from local artists to design parachute cloth murals in partnership with started in early March and will culminate this weekend at the SouthSide Arts & Music Festival. View the seven murals along the South Bethlehem Greenway starting Friday, April 20. The completed works will be future during the Spring on the SouthSide Community Festival and Chili Cook-off the following weekend, Saturday, April 28 and will remain up until August for Lehigh Valley residents to enjoy.
Greenway Artists include:
- Lauren Kuhn – in collaboration with Lehigh University
- Rafael Menendez & Family of Maltas Con Leche – in collaboration with Lehigh University
- Ramiro Davaro – Comas – in collaboration with the SouthSide Arts District
- Devyn Briggs – in collaboration with the Hispanic Center Lehigh Valley
- Joseph Iacona – in collaboration with Community Action Development Corporation
- Amy Perdue – in collaboration with ArtsQuest
A large mural installation commissioned by ArtsQuest will begin on Thursday, April 19th by local artist Matt Halm on the building at the base of the Phillip J. Fahy Memorial Bridge at 3 East 3rd Street. Lehigh Valley residents can view the creation of this new work of art over the next two weeks.
For further information, please visit this link.