Houston & the Dirty Rats have been hard at work, touring the nation for most of 2018 up until this point. Even so, they’ve still found time to document their exploits!
Today, Allentown JazzFest and the Allentown Art Museum team up on today’s programming to provide another diverse musical experience against a unique, visually engaging backdrop — and LVU will be there to capture the magic.
Photo credit: HeritageDay.org
I’m going to be in Easton all day, and you’re coming with me!
We’ll be capturing the essence of Easton Heritage Day 2016 here and on social media, and we don’t want you to miss a thing! So, check in with the site every so often throughout the day, and stay tuned to LVU on Facebook (live video, perhaps?), Twitter, and Instagram for updates, performances, and more.
And, if you happen to see a particularly buff gentleman walking around in a Quinn Spinn t-shirt with a camera, feel free to say hi!
Are you in tune with the original music scene? Do you like to write? Do you have opinions? Do you like to write about those opinions?
If you said “yes” to any of the above, you should become a contributor to Lehigh Valley Underground!
We are looking to assemble a team of contributors, and we would love to hear why you should be on it. You can contribute as much as you are able (at least once per month), and you’ll be a published author on an indie music blog that reaches hundreds of area music influencers per week.
All you have to do is meet the following requirements, and we’ll be in touch!
- Ability to write in a clear, engaging and entertaining voice about the original music scene in eastern Pennsylvania.
- Excellent written communication skills – correct spelling, grammar and punctuation are a must!
- A working knowledge of the original music scene, here in the Lehigh Valley and beyond.
- Ability to share your work on social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Photography/videography/social marketing skills are a plus!
If you’re interested, please send a cover letter, resume, three writing samples and two story ideas to us at email@example.com. This will be an unpaid gig at first – however, we are optimistic that it won’t be forever!
What are you waiting for? #GoUnderground with us!
With Launch Day of Lehigh Valley Underground in full swing, that means we are just two weeks away from the beginning of the next chapter of The Quinn Spinn, the Official Podcast of Lehigh Valley Underground.
The Quinn Spinn will feature two brand new, hour-long indie music podcasts every week on SoundCloud, iTunes, and here on Lehigh Valley Underground beginning February 1. The “worldwide” show, premiering every Monday, will feature artists, interviews and topics from anywhere.
Episode #1 of the new Quinn Spinn (Feb. 1) will feature Good Friend of the Show DJ Pearlman of Long Island-based hard rock band REVEL 9. In addition, other artists featured on the return episode will include:
On Thursdays, get ready for QSLehighValley, which will put the emphasis on artists from eastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding area. QSLehighValley looks to support our local music scene, while giving artists nearby to us the opportunity to be heard in front of an unlimited audience.
The first episode of QSLehighValley will go live on Thurs., Feb. 4 and feature The Revere, a rock band out of nearby Doylestown whom we accepted via our ongoing ReverbNation submission campaign. Their great music will be accompanied by that of other regional artists, including:
If you’re reading this, you’re probably new here, and you might be wondering how this Lehigh Valley Underground thing works. Read on, and we will tell you how to get the most out of our great new indie music resource.
What is the mission of LVU?
We want to be your source for all things indie music, locally and beyond. We will present news, analysis and opinions that we hope will help artists in the Lehigh Valley and anywhere else make the most of the scene around them.
We want to do this while building community. We hope to connect artists here at home and beyond to help foster a strong, unified underground scene.
What can LVU do for you?
Many things! Let’s list them out, shall we?
- Album reviews: Have a record you’ve recently released? Have one that’s been hanging out for a while, and you want to get it some extra love? Contact us, and we’d be happy to check out the fruit of your labor.
- Q&As: Want to get up close and personal with the indie community? Have something to say about a recent release or an upcoming show? We’ll come up with some questions for you to answer, and we’ll post it on LVU.
- Airplay: The Quinn Spinn, the official podcast of Lehigh Valley Underground, has featured hundreds of independent artists on worldwide broadcasts since 2013. The Quinn Spinn plays music from anywhere, focusing on artists here in eastern Pennsylvania and around the world. You can submit your music for airplay by following this link.
- On-air interviews: It’s always interesting to have guests on The Quinn Spinn. Tell us why you want to be on the show (and which show), and we’ll work toward setting something up.
- The Soapbox: We invite content from independent artists on the scene. If you have an opinion you would like to share, please submit your op-ed to us. If we plan on using it, we’ll be in touch, and you’ll be a published author (in addition to an awesome musician)!
- Social shouts: Any time we’re getting ready to feature you on Lehigh Valley Underground, we’ll blast it out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so our visitors know to check it out. We’ll tag you, and we just ask that you share it with your fans to spread the word. It takes a scene to create a scene!
- Connect with other artists: Whether here in the Valley or elsewhere, there are plenty of great indie artists who love hearing new music. Through all of our great content, we’ll connect you and make ours a more vibrant musical community.