On Friday morning in a light drizzle, nearly a hundred avid gamers waited outside the Allentown Agri-Plex for the start of PinFest 2018 – the Lehigh Valley’s annual pinball show. The expo featured over 300 pinball, arcade, and slot machines, as well as parts, accessories, and memorabilia. The early crowd had their pick of which machines to play first, as thousands more patrons would stream through the doors during the two-day event. Each machine was set to “free play,” so players simply paid one $20 admission price and had access to games and the on-site flea market.
Tag Archives: community
This Tuesday at Bethlehem Area Public Library’s South Side Branch (400 Webster St.), the community will have two chances at a dialogue with local public television station PBS39. The topic? A Community Conversation.
PBS39, which has supported artists in the past with television shows like the indie music-based Steel Sessions, will hold these sessions from 1-3 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Each session will allow PBS39 to better understand people’s aspirations for their community, the concerns they have, and what they believe might make a difference in strengthening the station’s work in the Lehigh Valley.
The public, including those in the arts community, are invited to attend this free community forum. For more information or to register, please visit this link.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably new here, and you might be wondering how this Lehigh Valley Underground thing works. Read on, and we will tell you how to get the most out of our great new indie music resource.
What is the mission of LVU?
We want to be your source for all things indie music, locally and beyond. We will present news, analysis and opinions that we hope will help artists in the Lehigh Valley and anywhere else make the most of the scene around them.
We want to do this while building community. We hope to connect artists here at home and beyond to help foster a strong, unified underground scene.
What can LVU do for you?
Many things! Let’s list them out, shall we?
- Album reviews: Have a record you’ve recently released? Have one that’s been hanging out for a while, and you want to get it some extra love? Contact us, and we’d be happy to check out the fruit of your labor.
- Q&As: Want to get up close and personal with the indie community? Have something to say about a recent release or an upcoming show? We’ll come up with some questions for you to answer, and we’ll post it on LVU.
- Airplay: The Quinn Spinn, the official podcast of Lehigh Valley Underground, has featured hundreds of independent artists on worldwide broadcasts since 2013. The Quinn Spinn plays music from anywhere, focusing on artists here in eastern Pennsylvania and around the world. You can submit your music for airplay by following this link.
- On-air interviews: It’s always interesting to have guests on The Quinn Spinn. Tell us why you want to be on the show (and which show), and we’ll work toward setting something up.
- The Soapbox: We invite content from independent artists on the scene. If you have an opinion you would like to share, please submit your op-ed to us. If we plan on using it, we’ll be in touch, and you’ll be a published author (in addition to an awesome musician)!
- Social shouts: Any time we’re getting ready to feature you on Lehigh Valley Underground, we’ll blast it out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so our visitors know to check it out. We’ll tag you, and we just ask that you share it with your fans to spread the word. It takes a scene to create a scene!
- Connect with other artists: Whether here in the Valley or elsewhere, there are plenty of great indie artists who love hearing new music. Through all of our great content, we’ll connect you and make ours a more vibrant musical community.